¶OR At THE VERY LEAST MY OWN™

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Yard Sales...

Well, Jan is taking the day off.
It's the weekend so I JCK must type something so that my loyal Ribs factory has something new to read (sorry Ribs, I'm just ribben you).

Today Associate Pastor Joe, Pastor Byer and I went early to a yard sale in Brigden. It was kind of enriching and amusing to see how he negotiated the prices. It went like this...

Bro Byer: "Could you tell me more about it?" (the item in question)

Lady: Answered the question about the book or box (whatever it was)
And then

Bro Byer: "I'll give you $5"

Lady: "$7.50"

Bro Byer: "OK!!"

I thought the yard selling technique was very informative, and I took a great deal of notes. So I should be more effective in the future endeavours.

At the next stop, I tried to utilize the technique.

Their was a book that I read in elementry school for $0.10, and I told the lady that I'd give here $0.25 for it. Bro Byer and Joe thought that was a little weird, but I was just trying to be a good yard sale customer. Maybe I still have work to do yet on my technique.

I found it quite awkward when we went up to a place that had an assortment of junk that couldn't be sold on Ebay :). I learned that when you walk away, you just say "Well, have a nice day". Joe teased me that I'd buy the cheapest thing there just so I could walk away with something.

No comments: