¶OR At THE VERY LEAST MY OWN™

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Proud to be Liberal if it Means maintaining Social Spending

Maintaining whats left of Canadian social life style is very important. Cutting Taxes will not alleviate the need for additional money to be spent on healthcare, education, infrastructure improvements and debt repayments.
Mr. Harper's first budget was a gift budget, as regardless of opposition pressures it was not going to be defeated. Given the time for Canada's brokerage party to rebuild and regroup and try to come to grips of what their social policies really are, they will be back in power by at least 2010.
I believe in Harpers Christian principles, I'm against same sex marriage, but at the same time regardless of the size of majority he can win in the next election he won't take away the so called right, a few years after it was given.
Mr. Harper's time in office needs to be focused on fixing the healthcare system, and maintaining the balanced budget, which are things that will indear him to the Canadian voting public. And who knows, if he can be a fiscally responsible, social welfare supporter he could break the Liberal hold on the brokerage system.

Deficits
Without sounding too Liberal :} here's a good website, which illustrates the rate of growth of the US deficit. <http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/>

Federal Governments' regardles if its in Canada or the USA seems to have a license to over spend taxpayers money.

The last 10 years has been prosperous for Canada and the national debt has shrunk to early 1990's proportions.

The debt burden in Canada according to some economists is similar to that of Canada. The average debt American is 27,953.14, compared to an average of 23,000 per Canadian family.

PS. I did vote for the Conservatives, I guess I just a malcontent, picking apart the party that I supported.

No comments: