¶OR At THE VERY LEAST MY OWN™

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Who really understands the credit crunch in the USA?

In church this morning the Pastor made a good point, well I mean all his points were good, I meant in reference to his comment asking how many people really understand whats going on with the 700 billion TARP payments in the USA.

I have to admit I really don't understand why the American government would provide long term loans interest free to corporations operating in a state of true capitalism. Why should the corporations that made poor business decisions be essentially given such a large amount of money. In one sense it will keep the American economy afloat for at least the next five years assuming the money is spent wisely, but sense its the government handing out this money, I have very little faith that it will be spent wisely.


I suppose in once sense I'm glad its not us Canadians that have to pay an extra 19,000 a head or what ever the 700 billion works out to.

I'll I can think of is the country of Canada represented by a sail boat in the midst of the Great American Ocean that is beginning to dry up and its only a matter of time before the Canadian economy represented figuratively by the sail boat will run aground.

No comments: