The execution of Saddam won't solve the problem in Iraq. He will go down as a martar to his people. His ethinic group are already saying that they will avenge his death. The US should pull out now, they will not be able to contain the destruction and violence that could come as a consequence of this ruling.
I found Bush's commements about the verdict disturbing. I haven't heard a recorded leaders commements so blood thirsty since Hitler's commements regarding his prisoners. The Bush tactic of using an execution in an attempt to hold onto both houses in the election on tuesday could back fire on him.
He should have submited Saddam to the Hague in the Neverlands (International Criminal Court). There the maximum penalty is life in prison. There it would be impossible for him to become a martar. But George W. Bush has once again shown his lack of ability to percieve international affairs, which could spark a massive conflict in the middle east that the World cannot contain let alone the US military.
2 comments:
I was just reading your little news story if I may call it that :(
I'm not sure just where you get your news from but it was NOT President Bush who gave the verdict!!!!! Not sure why you want to blame our President? AND President Bush is NO HITLER!!! To even insinuate the idea is ignorance!!!!! :(
I was just trying to be a little tongue and cheek. I think Bush is far from what Hitler was, but I disagree on the comments regarding he was right for invading Iraq. American history is full of presidents who have meddled into the affairs of other nation states. The spirit of the Big stick policy or the Monroe Doctrine have been continually violated by the past Presidents. It would appear that in the spirit of Americanism, that its alright to be free and democratic as long as it's based on an America viewpoint. The Phillipeans is a perfect example of misplaced agression. They asked for independence and it was rejected so they had to fight the Americans for it. The Americans did liberate them from the Spanish and Japanese, but what was the price... decades of slavery as part of colonial status of the America who dispised colonization. How can a state that knew so much about the oppression of colonization go out and do it to others.
Post a Comment